Wednesday, January 3, 2018

New Year, New Me... Same old song and dance

Hello Friends

So I feel like I start every year the same...with a get healthy (a.k.a get skinny) resolution.  It hasn't once happened.  But now I am not getting any younger and my wrinkles are really starting to bother me and this ship is going down fast so I have decided that I actually need to find something that works for me and the only way to do that is give everything a chance.

 Before the end of 2017 my hubby and I started a Keto diet.  And although I did loose a bit of weight what actually hit me was that I had so much more energy and I felt more rested.  Even with my stress nightmares I still got up and out the door by 6am and came home at 6pm...pre vacation work stress to kept life interesting.  

After taking two weeks off for our visit with family in the beautiful and majestic United Kingdom where we ate everything in site and all anyone did was offer us food and drink when we walked in a room, we are back in action on Keto and I am actually excited to do this.  We are focusing on finding more meals with veggies and less bacon.  We were eating a lot of bacon, we should really invest. 

To add to any life change I am also changing jobs.  After 5 years I am leaving my current company where I am comfortable and I know how to do my job and the exact expectations to venture out to a much larger and high profile position.  I know what this position is, but as any new job it will take some getting used to and I am worried how this will work out with the better lifestyle changes I am trying to make. 

So here is the plan
1. I am going to post here once a week and let you know how it is panning out.  There maybe pictures and complaints.  I want to keep it honest because I want to look back at this and figure out what actually worked for me and where my mind was at the time. 

2.  The daily action will take place on Instagram.  Maybe I will even do some stories...look at me opening up to the world.  Find me here @lovely_odyssey 

3.  I have been using Pinterest for a lot of motivation and recipes. I want to start commenting more on what I try and how it works out.  I also pin a lot of work fashion and random other stuff that interests me.  @Lovely Odyssey

I plan on adding goals as I go to suite what I am feeling, but right now I just need to get into a routine.

Lets do this. 





No comments:

Post a Comment