Monday, January 20, 2014

To My Darling Journeyer


I am so sorry for my lack of communication over the past year.  After my treacherous journey back to Canada, there was a lack of motivation to keep up with our correspondence.  It is not that I didn’t care for you, but you fell out of favor in my social circle.  You have to understanddear, that my job and social commitments keep me away from your lovely glowing light.  

 

My year has been an exciting one.  I met a man, he is such a great man and papa really does enjoy him.  They surprisingly have oh so much in common, and mama does relishes in his visitsWe met at the start of the year at the market and I do like to think that it was love at first sight.  It moved rather quickly some say, but within months we moved into the same home.  Some though it was quitescandalous, but I am not one to bother with what people say behind my back.  It just shows boredom.  

 

Come September there was a hiccup in our relationship as his welcome in this country has worn out.  So much for being from the mother land, that makes no difference here.  He did have to head back; being so far has made for a challenging circumstance but we have soldiered on.  Technology has vastly improved the ability to continue with a long distance relationship.  Although I do long for the hand written word.

 

I was able to make the long journey over there.  The North of England is very beautiful and the vast country side takes my breath away.  We even made a trip to Castle Howard.  They do have a lovely estate and we were able to walk the grounds.  

 

I do have some exciting news, we are planning to wed very soon.  This April in fact.   It is going to be a very small ceremony with only family attending, but we would like to have a one year celebration when he gets back and that is when all our friends shall be invited to attend.  I do not know why people say it is so hard to plan a wedding.  This has to be one of the easiest parties I have done.

 

I have started trying so many new things including beauty products, kitchen items, websites and adventures.  I cannot wait to tell you about what I have discovered.

 

I look forward to hearing from you.

 

Your loving friend

 

Lovely Odyssey

No comments:

Post a Comment